Links

Saturday, July 13, 2019

What a Week

Hey everyone, we made it home late last night after a day of traveling from the West Coast. I'm up a little early trying to readjust my schedule to the East Coast and watching Fletch on the boob tube.

We had a great time in San Diego, the highlight of the trip for Michelle was seeing a giant blue whale (See pic) that was in excess of over 100' long. She took an 3 hour tour to whale watch and they it the absolute jackpot. She said her boat was a 97' boat and the whale was bigger than the boat. I asked her what the highlight of her trip was, and it was this.

For me, I had a great Conference, I was just a kid in a candy store. It was an experience to be around 17,086 other Geeks and discussing what it is we passionately do for a living. I was able to attend a number of useful workshops and learn a few things that will assist me in the future.

One of the strangest things to happen to Michelle was on Thursday Morning, we traveled to Coronado Island across the Bay to sight see, and on our way back and as we were trying to get to the Conference, we somehow got stuck in a Vice Presidential Motorcade as Mike Pence was going to the Island as we were leaving.

It was a great trip, but it is also just as enjoyable to return home.

No comments: