Links

Monday, April 01, 2019

What an Honor

I just received some amazing news last night, something that is the cherry on top of my Softball career, I am going to be inducted to the 2020 Class of the Softball Hall of Fame.

I am actually dumbfounded by this honor, and I had absolutely no idea that I was even nominated for such an honor. It is truly humbling and my enshrinement will happen one year from today at the National Softball Hall of Fame in Quahog, Rhode Island.

I will be inducted by legendary Softball announcer Glenn Quagmire and it will be held at the Drunken Clam, home of the waterless urinals.

My career spanned from 1984 until 2008, then took a hiatus until 2015 when I came back to play in the old farts league.

During my career, I have had the honor of playing on TV once and the radio twice. The TV game was from 1986 or 1987, and I can't seem to remember if it was on ESPN or tape delayed channel 3 of the old Westover Cable. If memory serves me right, Andy Kaufman was the announcer for the game, he did so post mortem and hats off to him for doing that.

I hope your date is as fun as mine both this year and next year on this date.

No comments: