Links

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, not sure what is playing on the boob tube behind me but it is on and playing something or another. I'll probably stream a movie when I get done writing this masterpiece.

I will be out all weekend working for RTI. I won't be working around town, so it's going to be a long day for me with some travel involved, same thing tomorrow as well. I'll be heading south to tackle a segment of an FI that I think is leaving the company. This segment is untouched and is bigger than both of my segments combined, so I am going to be pretty busy plus they opened up the last partition which means I'm working the whole list of selected dwelling units. My weekends are going to be busy for a while.

I did receive some good news yesterday at work. I am now officially approved to attend what I refer to as Mecca of my profession, that is the ESRI Users Conference in San Diego this July. I've been to a couple Federal Users Conferences including one this past January, they are large events, but San Diego is the home of ESRI and there are no such things as complimentary seats like the Federal Users Conference (there you just have to work for some Federal agency), to use these complimentary seats, it's all based on how much money you spend with ESRI. We have I think 23 licenses throughout all of our site at NETL, which gives us 5 complimentary seats and one is now officially mine.

Yes Michelle is going to be going to San Diego with me. We will fly out on Sunday and come back on Friday. I'll be at the Conference and I know she wants to go to the San Diego Zoo and Sea World. Our only difficulty will be travel, I have to use a Government travel site and try to match up a flight for her. We may end up going out and back on different flights, as this is going to be a logistics nightmare. Many flights out and back, but we may have to take different connecting flights. I'm excited and so is she. I'm going to be a kid at a Candy Store.

Have yourselves a great day

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: