Links

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hump Day

Two days down yet once again, two more ahead of us and now all we have to do is get up and over this dreaded Noon-time hump and it will be all downhill as we work towards yet another fun filled weekend.

Well here in West Virginia we are still in the middle of a Teacher Strike, they have been out since last Thursday through yesterday, as of press time I am not sure about today's but I'm hearing that this may be a long one. I've read where some saying it could go at least until March 10th. I'm not a teacher nor am I employed by the state. I do however fully support the teachers in this effort. They are a very underappreciated and valuable commodity and they are the biggest influences on the citizens of tomorrow. I fully stand behind them and support them in this effort.

I've seen some parents say that they will keep their kids out of school if it extends the school year. My biggest question is why? They are preparing and gathering the tools that they are going to need in an ever increasing competitive work force. Why would you want to tie their hands on the greatest and cripple them. Education is the one thing that can be the difference to give them a head start in life, why would you take that away from them. You should learn something new each and every day we are on this rock, it's how you become more fully rounded and prepared. Success is when Inspiration, Perspiration and Education Intersect.

Have yourselves a great day today.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: