Links

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look back through the 30,000+ pictures that I have either captured with a camera, scanned or just stolen from some place on the internet and select just one picture. One lost moment in time to post up and relive briefly right here for everyone. Sometimes this is a little challenging and sometimes it's a breeze, it's always a lot of fun so no complaints from me.

Here is one for everyone who has been in Morgantown a number of years. Back in the mid 1970's, arguably the top burger joint in Morgantown was Burger Chef, there was one on Chestnut Ridge Road where Wings Ole is currently located and there was one downtown at the top of high street. For me, this was my burger joint as it was close to my home and I always loved going there to eat.

Burger Chef is long gone and was sole to Hardees about 20 years or so ago, but Burger Chef and their burgers and way of doing business were long gone by that point. The original door handle however (see pic) is still there today hanging on the Wings Ole Building on the door closest to Dunkin Donuts. I've actually thought about even making this a geocache.

I spent many of days in the old burger chef, Dad and Jean lived right behind it for a while and when I would go and visit, Grandpa Hall always gave me $0.36 so that I could buy myself a milkshake every day I went to visit. However bubble gum was $0.01 each and Stix were about a nickle, Candy bars were like $0.10 and smoke bombs were a nickel all at the local Farm Fresh at the corner. I was pretty resourceful also knowing Baskin Robins gave free taste samples away and Suburban Lanes gave a free game of bowling away to school aged kids every day.

Boy do I miss those days.

Have yourselves a great day, appreciate every new day, but don;t forget about your past.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: