Links

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Wednesday Wisdom

Well it has been a while since I have done a wisdom post, so I thought this would be a good time to do it. I just needed a theme and came across the idea earlier this week when I was searching Youtube. My Grandfather Ellis Hall recorded for RCA Victor years ago and made a few records. I've come across a number of people playing his music on Youtube, so for this weeks wisdom I share with you my Grandfather's Musical Legacy. All songs were written and recorded by him for the Green Mountain Boys (Ellis Hall and Bill Addis) on the RCA Label. Enjoy


My Little Home in West Virginia.
























And finally his version with family members.





Foggy Valley











Stoney Fork










I hope you enjoy listening to these as much as I had finding them. I do have his complete collection stored on my iPhone, but many are without titles and were just compositions he was working on that were never published.

For more on his life, follow this link. The picture at the font of this article of my Grandfather, Bill Addis and Steve Sholes, hangs in my home to this day. Either the wiki site or the posted article misspelled his name, but this is the same Steve Sholes. It was written by Uncle Chuck Wolfe from Moundsville and Carl Fleischhauer back in the late 1970's.

I can even remember as a kid seeing some correspondence letters between my Grandfather and Chet Atkins. I wish I would have known then what I know now, I would have made sure that they were preserved. I do remember the day that Grandpa Hall cleaned out his desk where all of these letters and music were stored and he through them in the trash. I had a notion of grabbing them and hiding them from him instead of letting them become rubbish, but hind site is always 20/20.

Have a great day.

No comments: