Links

Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well once again that dreaded thing that we refer to as Monday is now over with, and we are staring straight down the barrel of a Tuesday. If you have read my blog before you know what that means.

* 18,811 days ago I entered this world. President Kennedy had just been shot about a week earlier, so I came out to see what was going on in the world.

* It was 4,034 days ago that I fulfilled one of my lifetime dreams by graduating from West Virginia University.

* 2,635 days ago I took a very special lady out on our first date, it was a horrible movie but I think she forgave me and gave me a a chance to make it up to her.

* 1,859 days ago at around 4:00 in the morning, I got down on one knee and proposed marriage to Michelle.

* 1,396 days ago, in front of our closest friends and family Michelle and I got hitched and made it all legal. It was a great day and we all feasted on a wonderful meal made by a special lady that is no longer with us.

* I have about 6,026 days or so to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred here or there though as that is my rough estimate.

* In 212 days my Goodbye 2015 Blog will post. This is when I relive my previous year according to what was written in my blog.

* If you haven't started your Christmas Shopping yet, you still have 206 more days to go until we get there.

* There are only 182 more days to go until my next birthday.

* In only 103 more days Michelle and I will set sail once again on our 2015 Cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on the Carnival Pride.

* There are only 95 more days to go until the 2015 WVU Football season starts when the Mountaineers take on Georgia Southern.

* An event that I wondered if it was going to take place this year, we only have 72 more days to go until the Parrot Heads unite once again in Pittsburgh to see Jimmy Buffett.

* Our Fourth Wedding Anniversary is in another 65 days. Yeah Us!!

* The 2015 Family Picnic is coming up soon, it's only going to be another 26 picnic days away so to say that I am starting to get excited is a bit of an understatement.

* There are only 19 more days to go until Summer!!!

* This is my 4,071st post that I have written for George's Journal. I''ll be coming up on 11 years writing this literary masterpiece this September.

* I have done little to no work on the Hall Family Tree this week, it's just that time of the year when I have other things going on. I'm about 80% towards capacity before they make me purchase another plan before I can go on. I'll re-evaluate that once I get there.

* Nothing new on the Brother Search for this week, it has been a little slow as of late, but we are still waiting to hear back from the Salvation Army for confirmation of where it took place.

* Erica and Josh's Birthday Party will be held next weekend (13th) at Val's place. She has decided to move it to a Saturday evening thing as opposed to a Sunday Afternoon thing.

* Josh Judy is still mowing down batters for the York Revolution. He's still waiting to get picked up from a MLB club after his season ending Father's Day broken wrist incident last summer.

* We have a couple of Birthdays coming up this week, my Brother Gary's is Friday and Hayley's is this coming Sunday.

* Now that all the WVU students are gone for the summer and the kids are finishing up their school years, that means it's time for Morgantown to start focusing on MountainFest.

* It looks like local Radio Station WCLG has been sold. It happened a couple of years ago but there was a protest, but the protest has been denied. I used to love WCLG, but when they brought Lex and Terry on I changed my dial and have not moved it back since. They made some derogatory statements about Morgantown and their previous Morning show so I moved over to WVAQ Morning Show and have kept it there since. I like and prefer to local appeal over a syndicated show from outside of the area.

* Have a great day.

*  Hi ho hi ho


No comments: