Links

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from someplace on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up and recall or relive the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it has always been a whole lot of fun.

Look at that jump shot, that style, and grace. This young wild-eyed young man had his future planned out for him from this moment on. Would he be a future NBA MVP? Nope, he became a Coal Miner in the hills of West Virginia. 

This is a picture of my Dad when he played Gradeschool Basketball for Van Voorhis. The Van Voorhis School is long gone, and probably not many people remember it, but it was towards the end of Van Voorhis Road going down the hill to Van Voorhis. 

The school was closed and just a remnant of itself by the time I was in Grade School, I ended up going to Flatts Elementary as well as many of the smaller schools out this way during those years including Bakers Ridge and Van Voorhis Schools. 

My only question is this, did the ball go in? 

Have yourselves a great day. 

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: