Links

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday

Here I sit once again on a quiet Sunday Morning, Peanut the Chipmonk chaser is no where to be found so I am once again flying solo this morning. The TV is one, but like usual it's just for noise and I have no idea what is playing.

Every Memorial Day weekend I take a road trip to visit the Graveyards of my Grandfathers and Father to place flags upon their graves. All three men served and my Grandfathers served in four different conflicts. Grandpa Hall in WWI or the Great War as it was known at the time and Grandpa Newbraugh in WWII, Korea and Vietnam according to his grave marker. It's something that I have done for a number of years, this year was no exception to that and we did it yesterday to get it over with.

Today we are firing up the smoker for the first time in 2020, we have a nice rack of ribs that we are going to place a nice rub on and then throw it in our smoker for about 6 hours or so. It's our favorite way to cook, although we don't do it nearly enough. It adds a flavor to nice woodsy flavor and everything is always just so tender. We'll throw that on after we get back from doing our grocery shopping this morning.

Have yourselves a great day, make it special.


No comments: