Links

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here Peanut and I sit on a quiet Saturday Morning, both of us are just getting up and almost ready to start our day. The TV is on, but I couldn't tell you what was on it.

Today is May 16th and is significant to me for a couple of reasons, one happy and one sad.

The sad one came on this day in 1977, 43 years ago today Grandpa Hall had passed away. It was the first time in my life I could recall losing someone, much less the man whose home I had grown up in and lived to that point.

On the Happy note, on this day in 2004 I Graduated from West Virginia University. The Commencement was at the Coliseum and the University's featured speaker that day was Morgantown native and actor David Selby.

So what is on our agenda for this particular Saturday? A trip to Rural King so we can get some more wild bird food to put out for the birds. I swear I have seen more species of birds here over the last couple of years than I have ever seen anywhere. No Penguins yet though..lol

Have yourselves a great day.

No comments: