Links

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Hump Day

I hope everyone had a great Independence Day yesterday or the extended holiday weekend that many in America had taken. Now it's time for those of us who are not on vacation to get back at it and do what it is we do for a living.

Michelle and I went out to the Coliseum on Monday evening after the WV Blackbears game to watch the fireworks that were being set off at Monongalia County Ballpark. You can really get a good view at the Coliseum if you are over where the band practices and towards the Boulevard furthest away. It was actually a pretty prime location to view fireworks without being right there.

Michelle and I enjoyed our day yesterday with a day of smoking pork ribs. I have to say that if I have a favorite way of cooking, smoking meats has to be it as it takes a cheap cut of meat and makes it very tender and just fills it with flavor. I still want to get some un-smoked sausage in their casings and try smoking them. I've stuffed my own sausage with the Kitchen Aid, but we had trouble getting the seasoning and consistency right. Of course we did it with Turkey so there is that.

Have yourselves a great day today.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: