Links

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goodbye 2016


* 2016 Started out well as the Mountaineers beat Arizona State in the Cactus Bowl.

* We welcomed Ryleigh Mae McClain to the family as Moke and Ang had their first child together. She is a bundle of joy.

* The WVU Men's Basketball team beat the #1 Ranked Kansas Jayhawks right here in Morgantown as we suffered from what is known as a Snow Squal. We later experienced Snowmageddon or Winter Storm Jonas as it was later called.

* I briefly took a part time job with a company called TNG. It was a one day a week job that really wasn't worth the extra headache.



* The planning for our Third Annual Friends and Family picnic commenced in Late January/Earl February.

* Phil the greatest Groundhog in the history of mankind, did not see his shadow meaning Spring was right around the corner.

* I accepted another part time job which I told today with RTI International.

* I traveled to Washington DC to attend the ESRI Federal Users Conference, I stayed in Arlington Virginia, and rode the Metro over to the Convention Center. I got the chance to meet Jack Dangermond, who is the Billionaire Father of ESRI.

* We as a family met up for an afternoon of Bowling at Suburban Lanes.



* Andy Tennant, one of my Dad'd best friends when he was alive was laid to rest. Former First Lady Nancy Reagan was also laid to rest.

* Michelle and Laiah traveled to Monaca PA for a Sprinkle Shower for Baby Maddy.

* I officially left my job with TNG and traveled to Durham North Carolina, on Duke's Campus, for a week long training session with RTI. A part time job that I am still working.

* My sister Terri hosted an Easter Egg Hunt at her home, the kids all had a great time. This was the third installment of the monthly family get togethers.

* We learned that McDonalds had pulled their sponsorship from the Steelers Trivia Show. That leaves my group as the only three time Champions, the only back to back Champions and the only team to come out of retirement and change their name to dominate it again.




* I Officially started doing Field work for RTI on the NSDUH Project.

* We attended the Jonathan Koon Bowl a Thon to help raise money for the "Johnny Koon Pedatric Brain Tumor Research Fund".

* Madeline Elizabeth Paugh joined the family, as Michelle's nephew and niece Jon and Laura welcomed a baby sister for big brother Jonny.

* We were invaded by our once every 17 year friends the Cicadas.

* Michelle and I took a trip to Wheeling to see my Brother Gary, who was beginning a new chapter of his life. He's been doing great and we are all proud of him.

* We bought an Electric Smoker and entered the world of smoking foods. We had done it with a charcoal kettle grille previously, this smoker made a world of difference.




*  I attended the WVAGP Conference that was held right here in Morgantown, this was the first Conference under this name that I had attended but did attend a conference of its predecessor group.

* Hayley snuck into the house early on Mother's Day to surprise Michelle with some flowers when she woke up.

* We had our cat Phin fixed, but there were complications to the surgery and she left us on May 11th. She may have left us, but she is still with us as she was cremated and the remains are above our headboard in the bedroom.

* Peanut quickly joined the household and has ruled it since her arrival. With the loss of Phin, I had to find the perfect replacement to sooth Michelle's broken heart, enter the Peanut.

* We visited the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum and had our first run in for 2016 with the dreaded Cicadas that were about to invade.

* Psycho officially came out of retirement to play Softball in 2016. Granted it was the Senior League, but I was out there none the less.

* We traveled to Smoke Hole Caverns for a day and explored the caverns.



June 

* June started out with a bang as Michelle and I attended her company picnic at Mason Dixon Park.

* Morgantown lost a radio legend and Marconi Award winner when we received word that Lacy Neff had passed away.

* My sister Kim got a new Puppy named Bella. Although Ron and I probably came up with 500 or better names that began with a B, Bella is what was chosen.

* Chad started a new job at WVU in the Animal Sciences area.

* We all got together to celebrate Josh and Erica's Birthday Party for 2016.

* Michelle and I attended a few WV Blackbear games, we were even treated to watching one from a suite thanks to Chris Ostein who runs the scoreboard at the games. He had it in as part of  his employment deal.




* We held our Third Annual Friends and Family Picnic at Krepps park to start off the month. Every year has had its surprises and this one was no exception.

* Michelle and I went to the Pittsburgh Zoo to help celebrate the High School Graduation of Sabrina Helbig.

* We took a road trip to Marietta Ohio to watch Michelle's niece Amanda graduate with her Second Masters Degree in the Physicians Assistant Program.

* I submitted a DNA Sample to a company to see if we could get any answers about my long lost brother that we are trying to find.

* Hayley and Josh moved back into our household as they let their lease expire as they were looking for a new apartment.



* Michelle and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary.

* Michelle and I traveled to northern PA to celebrate her great nephew Jonny's birthday party with her family.

* We had our new cat Peanut fixed, I do have to say with what happened to Phin earlier in the year I was a little nervous, but the little fireball came through with flying colors and was out climbing trees in no time.

* Michelle and I and a lot of my family members attended the Jonny Koon Light up Night at Westover Park.

* I received my ethnicity results from my DNA test that I had submitted in an attempt to find a loing lost sibling, no success.

* We went and seen Jimmy Buffett once again, I'm going to have to take my shoes off if I want to keep counting how many times I have seen him now.






* September started with some very bad news, as a long time listener to the Eric and Kevin Show and then the Kevin Connolly Show, Kevin's show was abruptly cancelled. I don't think my dial has been back to WVAQ much since then.

* Michelle and I took our fifth Cruise on Carnival, we visited Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and had to pass up Freeport due to the storm.

* Morgantown opened up a new store, the Hobby Lobby was a place we had visited in other cities, now Morgantown had their own.

* We ordered our new iPhones in September, we both got iPhone 7 Pluses and also bought two pairs of Beats Headphones.

* Wouldn't you know it, we booked another cruise in September for next September. =)




* One thing I did notice, is that I worked almost every day in the month of October for one job or the other. It was a busy month for me.

* We had a family Pumpkin Carving at my Sister Kim's house, we all had pumpkins that we all carved up and decorated. It was a lot of fun.

* The Gospel Singing Koon family did their 50 year Anniversary sing this month, celebrating 50 years of Gospel singing. We watched the feed from the church at home.

* The WVU Women's Soccer team achieved the #1 ranking in the Country.

* Michelle and I did manage to work a road trip into our busy month, we headed to Amish Country in Ohio to spend a beautiful fall day.



* Once every four years our country goes out to vote for a President, 2016 saw us elect Donald Trump as our next commander in chief.

* I noticed I was once again busy this month working a lot of time for RTI as well as my regular job. It was a busy quarter to say the least.

* My sister Kim has a Christmas Tree Bulb Decorating Party at her home, it got a great reception and made a lot of memories.

* We Celebrated Thanksgiving at the Cassville Firehall with my in-laws. we also raised enough money to secure the place for the 2017 Thanksgiving Party at the same location.

* We put up both my Mom's 2016 Christmas Tree as well as our own 2016 Christmas Tree right after Thanksgiving. Everyone else was beating themselves up Black Friday shopping, we we decorating. Sammy the Elf made his return.




* I got my Birthday/Christmas Gift from Michelle. A 360° camera, it was something that I really wanted and she got it for me.

* We took a mid month road trip to Ohio to celebrate Christmas with Michelle's family. It was a stop at her Grandmother's followed by a trip to her Dad's home.

* My nephew Moke started a new job with Blue Mountain Engineering in the Modeling Department.

* WVU Men's Basketball Coach Bob Huggins reached a milestone 800th career victory in December.

* We once again enjoyed a fabulous Christmas Eve at Terri's home where we had a Chinese Gift Exchange.

* I have published a total of 400 blogs for 2016, my lowest total in about ten years but my ninth in a row where I did at least 400 Blogs.

* See you on the other side of Midnight.




No comments: