Links

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here I sit yet once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from a losing battle with the Sandman last night and I'm up collecting my thoughts for the day and watching something on HBO.

I did get a little bit of sad news yesterday morning, we received word that Gussy the African Gray that Jean had had for years, had passed away on Thursday morning. Gussy was a bird with a large vocabulary and perfect timing with some of the things that she said. There were only a few people who could handle her, I was not among that group. I think Gussy has left us all we a few memories of her. RIP Gussy.

Michelle and I attended the WVU vs Mt St Mary's basketball game last night. The Mountaineers managed a 87-59 victory in the season debut. I do have to see this was my first look at the upgrades to the Coliseum and I have to say that I am very impressed with what I have seen. They have completely transformed the look and feel of the WVU Coliseums outer concourse. It will be a pleasant surprise for anyone who sees it and it's only half done.

I'll be heading out this morning to work for RTI, I'll also be out in the field again tomorrow so I'll be following my 26 day stretch up with a weekend off followed by at least another 19 day stretch and today is day 13. It's all about to slow down for the quarter however which I have to say does not bother me. I will welcome the much needed break.

The WVU Football team is in Texas to take on the Longhorns this afternoon, I'll probably miss most of the game but would like to see at least some of it.

Have yourselves a great day today.




No comments: