Links

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday




Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all of the images I have either taken (about 600 last week alone), scanned or just stolen someplace on the internet. Little lost moments in time that I post up and tell a little story about as I relive the moment. Sometimes this is in fact a pretty easy task and sometimes I have no idea where to take this, but one thing it always is is a whole lot of fun.

This weeks pic is to honor a man who raised me, this is my Grandpa Hall whom I lived with until he passed away when I was just 13 years old. This picture was taken at the old house on Van Voorhis Road I have placed a Geocache in honor of this home for anyone who may be curious where we lived when this picture was taken.

I can't really date this picture, but I'm guessing around 1973-4 range. This looks prior to the time where he had a stroke and his health diminished before he passed away in 1977. I'm guessing it is somewhere around Christmas time due to the decorations hanging around the door way. I notice the three violins that he has hanging above his head. Of those three violins I have one, my cousin Rusty was given one and his brother Jim was given the third. I still have mine plus the one that Grandpa Hall gave me to learn to play (which I never did because I'm not musically inclined).

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: