Links

Sunday, April 19, 2015

We're Back

Here I am once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from getting knocked out by that dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up early watching The Longest Yard on Netflix and collecting my thoughts for the day.

Well yesterday was a long one to say the least, three states, two countries and I don't know how many pictures from our trip that needed uploaded. Not to mention that we did our Sam's shopping, washed two dirty cars, unpacked and got everything back to normal around the house.

We had a great trip, we really enjoyed ourselves and this is in fact my first live blog in a while. The internet connection was horrible and and inconsistent everywhere we went. It was like going back into the stone age of dialup for a connection. I had to turn my phones cellular service off while we were in Canada because AT&T knew I was no longer in the United States and wanted to bill me astronomically for usage.

One of the highlights other than seeing the falls and riding the Skywheel was going through Louis Tussaud’s Wax Museum and seeing all of the wax figures of so many celebrities and political figures. If anyone ever goes has the opportunity I highly advise it.

Everyone suggested and asked if we rode the Maid of the Mist, I honestly did not see the first boat from either the US side or the Canadian side out in the Niagara River or anywhere near the falls. So the answer is no we did not ride on any of those boats during our trip as no one was riding any of those boats. It might have been because such big chunks of ice were still present and they did not want to risk anyone's safety.

Now it's back to normal for us, grocery shopping and getting ready to go back to work tomorrow. It has been a busy extended weekend to say the least, fun filled as well. '

Have a great day.

3 comments:

Jenn M said...

How was the weather out there? Our family is heading out this Sunday. Any suggestions of where to eat while we're there?

George Hall said...

We stayed in Canada and got a deal on Groupon. One thing I learned was the further away from the falls you ate the cheaper it was. There are many good places to eat, most of them corporate closer to the falls.

Jenn M said...

How was the weather? Chilly?

I shall keep that in mind when we get hungry :)