Links

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Last Evening.

last evening Diane and I went out for dinner a relaxing dinner and a little bit of cinematic entertainment in the form of a movie. It had been a while since I had been able to see her, so needless to say I was a little excited to be able to spend a little time with her.

Dinner started out at one of my all time favorite restaurants, we both visited for the first time the new Cracker Barrel . I really like the one we have, and I will say it may be my favorite one I have ever been in, and I have been in a few of them. When I travel and am looking for a place to eat, I always try to find the nearest Cracker Barrel, knowing I am going to get a good home cooked meal at a fair price. The Cracker Barrel in Morgantown seemed to be laid out quite nicely, it was spacious and relaxing with that rustic cabin grandma's kitchen feel about it.

After dinner we stopped by Best Buy, her computer was running ultra slow and I noticed that she only ha d 192 MB of Ram on a 90 GB Hard Drive. I was thinking other things were fighting for system resources, seems that the system resources were very low and that was the problem. She bought 512 MB of Ram and I installed it for her, she was quite surprised what a difference that has made in her computer.

Then after dinner and a little computer work, it was off to see Vantage Point. It had a star studded cast, but the movie was a little slow and repetitive, almost to the point where people in attendance started laughing. If you have ever seen the movie groundhogs day (yes Phil your movie you rat) and how the day kept starting over by playing a Sonny and Cher song, I almost had that feeling last night watching this movie. It was supposed to be a suspense filled movie of a Presidential Assassination attempt from multiple viewpoints. I guess it could best be summed up by Ground Hogs Day Meets the TV show 24.

If you want to see the movie yourself, save the price of admission and just watch it HERE (yes this was just released in theaters a couple days ago). Amazing what computer literate people can do. =) Kim and Robert went to see Jumper the night before.

After the movie we went back to her place and I installed her new RAM, now has 706 MB (For some reason XP takes 64 MB of RAM in either of her configurations for some reason. Not sure why this is happening, but it is for some reason.

Overall it was a great evening and I got to spend a little quality time with someone special to me.

No comments: