Links

Friday, February 29, 2008

Big Ole Hairy Friday

We are once again at that time of the week when the labors for the week cease and we can start to enjoy the fruits of those labors. It's the start of yet another weekend and another Big Ole Hairy Friday!!!

I heard what I would consider the first signs of spring this morning as I was taking my morning stroll to the newspaper vending machine to update my lavatory library with new reading material. It was a cold 15 degrees, but I was laying heed to the pleasant audibles of young birds singing for their morning breakfast. It was the first sign of the year that days are going to start getting longer, new foliage would start to develop on the trees and omit a relaxing smell of spring time. I eagerly anticipate this change of the season as a child would anticipate Christmas Morning.

It is cold and tomorrow is the start of March. There is an old saying that is March comes in like a lion, it will go out like a lamb. I guess the cold temperatures and snow on the ground has it's good points if you believe in superstitions.

One final thing, this is February 29th. Being that this is 2008, this is the one date that only comes once every four years because of leap year.


Seek first to understand, then to be understood.--Stephen Covey

No comments: