Links

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

1,000th Blog Post



I have just became a Millennium Blogger. This very BLOG post is my 1,000th BLOG post since I first started Blogging with my first post on September 11, 2004 when I posted "My First Post" as my very first ever blog. Who would have ever imagined after that first post I would reach such a milestone as a Blogger.

I would like to thank my Sister Kim who first started her own online Journal on her old website. I would like to than Evan Fedorko for making the statement that he was a Grogger not a Blogger to make me wonder what a Blogger was. I would like to thank any and all dedicated readers who read this on a daily basis for information, News or just some rambling on my part.

What is amazing is how many times George's Journal has appeared in Google searches when I Google things up because of something that I have said in my Blog.

It's amazing sometimes how you can see yourself develop over the internet if you know where to look. 1,000 Blog posts says a lot about my post collegiate life since I became a Blogger after I graduated college. However like I said it's a matter of knowing where to look to see other material. During College years and also post college I have 20,000+ posts on Blue and Gold News and my username returns 1,490 returns of me expressing myself on the internet in one manner or another. Most of this was done during and post college. If you are looking for anything prior to me going to college, well that stuff is there too. I used to post on Newsgroups pretty regularly and if you google my username there you can come up with another 378 times I posted my opinion on one subject or another. Most of those were done in my WebTV days when I first started using the World Wide Web. Now if they could only google up my old IRC Chat transcripts from the early 90's with AOL and and later at Talk City we would be set.

Needless to say that I have left my mark on this thing that they call the internet. My computer life all started with a TRS 80 my Dad and Jean bought us for Christmas in the early 80's, to my Dad's first PC in the early 90's and I saw him connect to Prodigy. He was looking at stuff on his computer through the phone lines. Fascinating.

I have developed my skills exponentially since that first time on a computer in the early 80's or the first time ever online with prodigy to AOL to WebTV to a PC to having my own domains and Websites.

1,000 BLOG Posts is something to celebrate, but it is only the tip of the iceberg.

Here is to my next 1,000 posts. Keep Reading and I'll keep writing.

No comments: