Links

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sunday

Here I sit on a semi-quiet Sunday Morning,. we are dog sitting Rocky and Lilly and Lilly and I are up at at em already. We are watching the Charlies Angels movie on the tube and collecting our thoughts for the day.

I have to confess I was working yesterday, so I recorded the game as I was out. I was listening to it while I was working and we were getting spanked and dominated by Texas Tech. I drive home and am talking to Michelle about all the work she did at the house yesterday all the while not turning on the TV. Michelle looked at her phone and much to my surprise, we were now winning 38-35 after rallying from an 18 point margin early in the 3rd Quarter to win 46-35 in front of a Homecoming crowd. From my understanding the crowd was electric and I even read where a friend of mine Chris Ostien (Steelers Trivia and Softball Teammate) said "Thirteen seasons of producing games at Mountaineer Field. Today was.... maybe the most memorable.... What an win. What an atmosphere. Still buzzing." It must have been special, I have it recorded.

Michelle did a great job of purging a lot of stuff from the back bedroom. Most of it junk the kids had left behind and was just simply taking up space. Old games and just large boxes full of junk we would never use again, to the trash it all went and organized it now is. Chad may be moving back in in the near future, so the purge really helps. No need keeping junk you're not going to use.

Michelle and I harvested some Black Walnuts yesterday, we have an abundance of them like never before, and once we identified what they were were grabbed them all up off the floor. We cleaned and washed about 3-4 dozen of them and have them drying now. It takes 2-4 weeks for them to dry, so we shall see. There are more out there that we picked up, not sure if we will clean them though as even working with rubber gloves, the black ink stains the hands.

Typical Sunday morning for us, we'll be heading out and doing our shopping and visiting Phoenix Bakery this morning, before I once again head my butt out to travel to do some more field work. During the week I am working locally, but on weekends I have to travel about an hour each way to get to the segment.

Have yourselves a great day today.

Hi ho hi ho


No comments: