Links

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ images that I have either captured with a Camera, Scanned or just simply stolen off the internet. Little lost moments in time that I post up and relive tight here for everyone while I try to recall the moments around that image. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that image and sometimes it's a challenge, although one thing it always is is a whole lot of fun for me.

This weeks picture goes back to a very special and magical Christmas. My Dad and Jean had split up for a number of years although they were still legally married. Christmas Eve was a big deal with them and many of their traditions that they started have carried on for us today like the Hot Sausage. They always had Hot Sausage that was prepared Christmas Eve and me and my siblings would always fight for left overs Christmas Morning.

For a number of years, there was no Christmas Eve at Dad's house. Jean was gone and all of the kids had all moved on to doing their own thing, but in 1998 Gary and I were both living back home and with the whole lot of help from my Siblings, we pulled off a Christmas as in days gone by. My Dad did not want to do it, but the Day of Christmas Eve he did a complete 180, called off from work where he was going to work and went full steam ahead on the planning and execution of this special night.

Sadly a few weeks later Dad started to get sick and it ended up leading to his passing about seven months later. We did have that one final Christmas Eve with him and this picture was taken from that night.

Enjoy the video I created from that night.



No comments: