Links

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Weekend

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first one to recover from a losing battle with the sandman last night. I'm up watching Fat Albert and surfing around the interwebs to get my daily dose of insignificant tidbits from yesterday (also known as sports scores).

Morgantown was given a real treat yesterday for AT&T iPhone 5 users. We now have 4G LTE internet service available to us. Phone internet speeds are very critical in allowing you to do things such as watch movies or video conference. There is EDGE Technology which is what you get in outlying areas. I equate it to the old dial up internet service with is only a few Kbs , slow and times out. Then a few years ago Morgantown got 3G which gave me speeds up to about 3Mbs. Then there is ATT's 4G network which is about the same as the 3G network for speed. Those on the data sharing network are on this network if they have the right phone. For comparisons sake there is my Hi Speed WiFi which gets me around 16 Mbs. I tested the 4G LTE this morning and I was getting  20 Mbs, faster than my High Speed Internet at home and I have the upgraded package. Usually we had to travel to Pittsburgh or DC like last weekend to get the 4G LTE, we now have it in Morgantown.

Got a few things were going to do today, mostly things around the house other a few simple things like having our jewelry inspected at JB Robinson's and getting the propane tank filled on the grill. The rest of the day will be cleaning up outside and setting up the patio for 2013.

Hey hey hey I'm going back to my movie.

Have a great day.

No comments: