Links

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Season is Over

Another season has come and another season has gone. The 2009 MiHALEY'S softball season is almost now officially behind us and we look towards the 2010 campaign.

It is a sad time of the year for me, because it is the dawn of fall and football season that is just about to be upon us, as if that is a bad thing. It was a good year filled with its ups and downs, the feast and famine time periods with our bats as a team.

This culminates my 25th season of playing softball, I started way back in the summer of 1984 with Smitty's Fun Quads team (what ever a Fun Quad is). I'm sure there are numerous other seasons that could count if you included the times I played Fall League, but I was never too fond about going out in 20 degree weather 2 weeks after the World Series was over with and still trying to play.

I've made numerous friends through the years playing on a wide variety of teams. It's always the time of the year that I get most excited about, the time I look forward to when the snow is on the ground and you really can't have much fun outside. Another season has come, and another season has been placed into my memory bank forever.

No comments: