Links

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Busy Part of Week Over


This has been a very busy week so far at work, I had to attend a workshop the past few days for the NATCARB workgroup. It was nice to be able to go back to WVU's Department of Geography and Geology. This was the first time that I have had a chance to go back to not only my Alma Mater, but to the Department where I studied for the first time since they have relocated from the old White Hall to the newly remodeled building at Brooks Hall.

I got a chance to see the new GIS Tech Center since they moved along with the department. They have built a virtual reality cave that I know Dr. Harris was working on when I was attending there, but it is now reality and fully functional and housed at Brooks Hall.

Now my week starts to slow down a little bit, the deadlines have been met, the meetings have all been attended with the exception of just one.

I have one project winding down as we are starting to gear up for the one I was initially hired for. The rest of the week should be pretty smooth, we are shutting our internal network down on Friday to move it over to the new building, so that may be a very short day for me as this move is made.

No comments: