Links

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Welcome to 2008.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!!

We made it through 2007 and we have started a New Year, a year of new dreams and aspirations. A year to set forth new goals to accomplish and prove ourselves.

I don't make New Years resolutions, I am holding onto the one I made years ago to stop making them. I never seemed to carry them on for very long and they generally failed for me. What I did was started setting goals that I wanted to accomplish for the next 12 months. I seem to be able to do it when it's a goal to do something rather than a spur of the moment to stop doing something. This is just me, and my own personal experiences.

I have yet to set any goals for 2008 for myself, but I am starting to think of a few that I would like to accomplish.

I spent last night at home, I had a few invitations to go out, but just wanted to stay home this year. Too many intoxicated people on the roads and maybe I was just trying to be safe from their stupidity last night.

I did spend yesterday trying to make a decision and I almost bought an iPhone. However after I thought about it logically, I decided I wanted my Cell Phones Primary use to be a Cell Phone. If I wanted a new iPod, go buy one. I have an iPod Shuffle that is screwed up so that the computer no longer will recognize it. It was an older type that was also a jump drive, and not really compatible with most iPod products.

So, I bought myself a new 8 Gigabyte Green iPod Nano. I actually cleared out my old iTunes and started a new one for the new iPod. I'll keep the integrity of this music intact rather than rushing to add music like I did with the old one.

That is how I spent my New Years Eve. Actually when the clock struck 12:00, I was actually catching some Z's.

On a side note, I have seen at least two family members that have resolutions to stop smoking. From someone who has quit more than once and done it successfully, I'll help anyone who is trying to quit with education and my personal experiences as to what you and your body is going to go through. Good luck to those attempting to quit, it is the best choice you could ever make in your life. Cigarettes are a drain on your wallet, your health and your expectations for quality of life.

Have a very Happy, Prosperous, Healthy and memory filled 2008.

No comments: