Links

Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally got Ubuntu installed and installed right

After setting my machine up again right Saturday Night, I wanted to explore a little deeper and see if I really wanted to install Ubuntu onto my system, since I had had a few problems getting ti configured right.

Well, let's just say that the third time in the charm and I just had the drives inverted the first time I installed it. I was actually sizing Windows to 40 GB and Ubuntu to 400+GB. This time I got them right and installed properly.

I left a 50 GB exchange partition so that both operating systems could share a file. I reduced Windows to I think 365 GB, which is still quite huge and I used a 45 GB partition for Ubuntu. Finally got it right.

Now all I have to do is learn Linux a little better. The reason I decided to install it was because there are a couple open source GIS Programs I wanted to try.

No comments: