Links

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Sunday Morning Ramblings

This afternoon, we will enter game 2 of 10 for placement into our Texas Hold Em Tournament. I'm really looking forward to taking everyones money today, it will cover the cost of the new web host that I purchased earlier this week.

I currently stand in seventh place after one round, but this is just for placement and chip count for the final table on the 11th game for the grand prize. I'm feeling pretty good about today, I think I have fine tuned my game over the past few weeks on Party Poker, I had actually won six consecutive tournaments before I lost a heads up yesterday. I had Ace King and was forcing a player to go all in with Ace 2, and wouldn't you know the flop was three deuces to give them four deuces and a king kicker. I lost a heads up to the very first Royal Flush I had ever seen a few weeks ago. I guess if you are going to lose, you should lose in style.

Kim and I may be doing a podcast together prior to the tournament. It is something we have talked about and I think we will probably just sit down and do one this morning. Obviously this is syndicated and if and when it is done she will host it on Pink Camo and I'll also host a copy of it.

I have been running a few ideas through my head the past few days since I purchased web space at GoDaddy. I am still seriously weighing the idea of keeping George-Hall.net at its current location, but maybe doing something a little different with it. Keeping it for its original intent and purpose of using it to market myself professionally. I may turn it into more of a geography site and use that theme and purchase a new domain name for the godaddy account.

A new domain gives me the chance to do other things that I really wanted to avoid at my current host. I am thinking more along the lines of a site powered by PHP rather than a simple static HTML. I'm really wanting to tie in a MySQL database on the back end or maybe switch from a Linux platform to a Windows platform and play around a little bit with ASP.

I have one available name that I have running through my head for the name of the new site and it's ShitzNGiggles.com, but that is an idea and not a purchased name yet. It would be a theme and objective driven site, so before I go any further I would need to have a game plan in place.

I do know I have a very powerful spacious amount of web hosting that I now own and I want to see if I can develop it into something.

No comments: