Links

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Decision Made

As I stated in one of my posts last week, I was faced with a decision as to continue to live in Morgantown or relocate to Frostburg. I had been wrestling with the decision since about mid November when the possibility of me working for a company in Morgantown arose. That is another story, and I think I have given up on that situation. I contacted them at the beginning of the year and heard nothing more from them. Lack of professional courtesy is one reason I am closing the book on that opportunity.

I said the day of my interview that if I was hired I would work there for two years and go from there. It would allow me the opportunity to get some professional experience outside of what many employers would probably deem an academic environment at WVU, even though this could be no further from the truth. I will continue to work at VARGIS, but I think I want to continue to explore other employment options.

I'm happy where I am at at this current time in my professional life, but I also want the best opportunity to grow. So, during the next 12 months I plan on remarketing myself and see if I can find a more suitable situation for me.

It honestly was a very tough decision for me, but I am going to continue to live in Morgantown for the next 12 months. If I am still working at VARGIS in 12 months, then I will relocate to the area, but for right now I think I want to try to market myself again and see what kind of opportunities present themselves.

There were some decisive factors in my decision to stay in Morgantown. Family being #1 on the list. Friends being #2 on the list financial situation played heavily in the decision.

I had to prioritize the things in my life that are most important to me, my goals, the climate of where I will be living and financial situation and come to a decision. This may not be a permanant decision, but this is the final decision concerning the next 12 months.

You guys are stuck with me for 12 more months. Is it softball yet?

No comments: