Links

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Tidbits

* I was going to do a normal post today, but some of the things I have running through my mind are so unrelated that I feel it's probably best to just do a simple tidbits.

* Survivor Palau starts tomorrow night. If you have ever read this BLOG you can easily come to two conclusions about me.
  1. I Hate Snow
  2. I Love Survivor


* Randy is graduating his first Phase of Mountaineer Challenge academy this Friday and will be able to come home for the first time since he started the program. I'll be going to show support and get a few pictures.

* Jean fought a traffic ticket that she got this fall this week. A state Cop issued her a "Failure to Obey" ticket this past fall when she made a left onto the mileground after a WVU football game. The State Trooper wasn't from Morgantown and I suggested she fight it and she decided to have her day in court. This past Monday was her court date and surprisingly the State Cop was there and had council with him. She called me Monday night feeling the prosecutor got the best of her and she would lose and be found guilty and have to pay the ticket. Let's just say Jean was a very good people person and caring Nurse prior to her stroke. Patients seem to remember that, magistrates too. She won her case.

* On a side note, I was over at my mothers house scanning pictures Monday and I ran across the last album my Aunt Lottie had recorded prior to her death. My mom talked about one song that she did that have everyone in the studio in tears by the time she had finished. I ripped the song and converted it to mp3 and have hosted it. It Is No Secret is the name of the song. During Lottie's life she and her husband Junior with their children as a gospel group known as The Gospel Singing Koon Family.

* I realized this morning on my walk to work, that it has been years since I have flown a kite. It's something simple in life that you always seem to remember. I've come up with a few of lifes simple things I would like to do this year.

  1. Fly a Kite.
  2. Take lots of pictures (like thats a surprise)
  3. Reunite family members and go see some other family members that I haven't seen in literaly decades.
  4. Get a group of people together and rent some bikes and bike rails to trails as a group for a few hours. What would really be nice is if we could start in Masontown, WV and bike to Morgantown. (It's all downhill)
It's not inconceivable that these things can happen.

* I would also like to find some addtional resources for old family pictures that I can scan and host. I know they are out there, it's just a matter of rounding them up and scanning them. Moving this family into the 21st century is a lot of work, but it's enjoyable.

No comments: