Links

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Talk about a long process

Wow, this past September I went to a career day at WVU. I was walking around looking for a specific table that I had been told had a GIS position open. Of course walking around the WVU Coliseum there were many tables set up and I dropped off an occasional Resume or two.

One of the places that I actually stopped to talk to was an Engineering firm called Dewberry out of Fairfax Virginia. I stopped and talked to them and asked if they did GIS. Probably one of the wisest questions I've ever asked.

After a brief conversation I walked away and never gave it a second thought. Pan ahead three months and November and they call me requesting to set up an interview sometime around Thanksgiving. I did a little research on the company and was finding some very strong positives about the company. They definitely had my interest.

Didn't hear from them again until just before Christmas, we talked about going down after the first of the year for an interview and that time came and passed. No more contact.

This morning, I get an e-mail from them wanting me to pick one of four dates in Late March or Early April to go down to tour the facility and conduct an interview.

Keep your fingers crossed, this is a long slow process, but it looks positive.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I am sure that all your hard work over the past several years will pay off. The enthusiasm that you show for your field of works will be recognized and rewarded ....very soon ..I a sure!!