Links

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit in a quiet household, my co-author is fast asleep in the bedroom and I'm out here watching who knows what on the TV. I'm trying to wake up from the butt kicking I took last night from that dreaded Sandman and starting to plan out my day.

What are my plans for the day? You guessed it, I'm out in the field once again today working for RTI. I'm still working my way through my second segment and trying to open up all of my lines. I went out Thursday evening for a couple of scheduled interviews and managed to find two cooperative households and managed to get my interviews. Hopefully today I can either make it the rest of the way through my roster to have all lines open, or I can get some interviews taking up my time doing that. Weather is kind of bad today, interviews would be my preference.

That's going to be pretty much my agenda for the whole weekend, I'm planning on going out again tomorrow afternoon and working followed up by a couple of evenings of field work this week. It's next weekend, aka Super Bowl Sunday, that I may want to take one day off.

If you are looking for something to do today as well as stay in, a co-worker likes to build models and is pretty good doing it. He's has been on multiple magazine covers with some of his builds and goes into a remarkable level of detail. Starting at noon today until noon tomorrow, they are doing a 24 hour build on Facebook. This is the 14th year for them doing it and it all started in his basement, this year I think they are up to 150 builders around the world that are participating in this years build. I tuned in last year and found a few models that I really enjoyed. It's not streamed or anything, but there will be periodic pictures from everyone. It kept me interested last year, might be worth a watch.

Have yourselves a great day.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: