Links

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Goodbye 2010's

2010

* Jean's boyfriend Rich had passed away.

* I had my first Cataract surgery. It was the first surgery I had had in over 30 years.

* My Mother ended up having Open Heart Surgery. That lead to a series of events and a long stay, she recovered and is doing nicely.

* Hayley appeared in the Morgantown Play of Sweeney Todd. Michelle, Chad and I all attended one of the nights to watch and support her.

* WVU Football hired a new Coach in Waiting, Dana Holgerson. 

2011

* The Pittsburgh Steelers played in the Super Bowl, losing to the Green Bay Packers.

* I started doing Photo Flashback Thursdays as a theme day on my Blogs. I think I got the idea from Facebook and just made it my own.

* Osama Bin Laden was killed.

* Josh Judy was called up to the Major Leagues.

* Michelle and I were married at the Marilla Center, we honeymooned at Ocean City Maryland. 

2012

* WVU Walloped Clemson in the Orange Bowl 70-33.

* Michelle and I obtained our passports so that we could travel outside of the country,

* Jim and Chris went to Hawaii, it was a Christmas Gift from the kids.

* WVU entered the Big XII

* Michelle and I went on our first of many cruises.

* We survived the Mayan Calendar running out. 

2013

* Michelle spent a weekend in our Nations Capital to see the Cherry Blossom Festival.

* We finished in 3rd  place for the Steelers triva Challenge. It won us a trip to training camp. We won it in 2008.

* We saw Peter Frampton in Concert at Stage AE. The Kenny Chesney then we say Jimmy Buffett. It was a summer of concerts.

* Michelle and I went out on our second cruise together.

* I turned 50. 

2014


* Michelle and I traveled to DC for the Cherry Blossom festival and caught it perfectly.

* WVU Baseball said Goodbye to Hawley Field as they played their last game against the University of Texas.

* We did our first of a few family Picnics at Krepps Park. It was kind of a Christmas in July theme.

* We won the Steelers Trivia Challenge, this was our second win in winning it all.

* In the worst Christmas Eve ever, we lost both Jean and her Brother Mick all within a few hours of each other. Both were due to Cancer. 

2015

* We started a search to find my long lost brother. It was after Jean's passing that I swore I would wait to start the search, and the search began.

* Michelle and I traveled to Latart Falls to visit her Grandfathers grave site, we also stopped in to see the Mothman just down the road.

* The Monongalia County Ballpark officially opened.

* We won the Steelers Trvia show for the third time, and in back to back years.

* We cruised to the Carribean

2016

* I started working a part time job with a Company called RTI, a job that required a little bit of travel and I'm still working to this day.

* I officially ended my 5 season softball retirement and came out to play in the Senior League.

* We lost our pet Phin and immediately found a new friend (and co-author) Peanut.

* We held the third annual Friends and Family picnic at Krepps Park.

* Michelle and I took our fifth cruise to the Caribbean together. 

2017

* Michelle left her job at BFS and received three offers from Express Scripts, Mylan and MEPCO. She accepted the MEPCO offer.

* Michelle and I traveled to Virginia for Calvin and Jeanetta's wedding.

* Michelle and I attended my 35th year class reunion.

* I left Sextant Technical after 8 years and joined AECOM on a different Contract at NETL.

* Abdul Rehmani, my brother in law Nick's father had passed away.


2018

* My January started out with me making a trip to St Louis for RTI for re-certification.

* MEPCO had stopped production which eventually lead to Michelle being laid off. They paid her a sizable retention bonus to stay until a certain time.

* Michelle started a new job as the Office Manager at Xtreme Labor Solutions. A company that is absolutely taken off and grown since she joined.

* My brother search that started in 2015, finally found the answers we were looking for when we found my Brother Jonathan.

* Michelle and I took our sixth cruise to the Carribean.



2019

* Michelle and I started out the year with a trip to St Louis for re-certification for RTI.

* I also the ESRI Federal Users Conference in Washington DC.

* I participated in my first Mock Disaster at work as part of the Emergency Operations Center team.

* Michelle got into a couple of fender benders during the year, neither one was her fault.

* Michelle and I traveled to and spent a week in San Diego for the ESRI User's Conference, to me in my career it is the ultimate experience

* I wrote a total of 4,050 Blogs during the decade.

* See you in 2020


No comments: