Links

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010


* Michelle and I attended a Gymnastics Meet in early January. It was the first Gymnastic's meet that she has attended.

* I learned that I was going to have to have my first surgery in 37 years when I was going to have to have Cataract Surgery later this year.

* We lost one of our own, as Richard Snider entered into the afterlife in January.

* Moke came in from his tour in Iraq for a visit. He was in for two weeks during Rich's funeral. 



* Phil, the rat from Punxatawny saw his shadow.

* I purchased the Roku. It was a nice investment and I would buy another one.

* Josh Judy started the year in the Major League Camp.

* Phil really let me down as we got nailed with a Winter Blast in the first week.

* Michelle had her surgery.

* We did one of our few Geocaches for the year.

* Nasrin came into town and we had dinner with her.

* Mountaineer basketball team wins the Big East Tournament.

* I had cataract Surgery.

* Hayley took the first of her Two trips to Alabama.

* The Mountaineers advanced to the First Final 4 in Basketball since 1959. 

April

* Michelle and I hosted an Easter Egg hunt at our home.

* Mom ended up having Open heart Surgery. It all started with a simple Catherization, and turned out as open heart surgery at Ruby Memorial.

* On day 777 since our first date, I proposed marriage to Michelle and she said yes. 

May

* We had a dinner with an old Friend. Smitty and Steph invited us over for dinner. Has it really been that long since we did that? Wow.

* I joined Skywarn and became certified.

* I obtained a copy of my Birth certificate. Couldn't say I had seen in in 30 years, so I ordered a copy of it for myself.

* I went to the WVU Commencement to hear Bill Clinton Speak.

* Moke returned from Iraq for good. His tour of duty was now complete and he and Ang could start to prepare to spend the rest of their lives together.

* Brittany got into her first car wreck in front of Krogers. 

June

* Kim participated in the Relay for Life, Michelle and I stopped up for moral support.

* Hayley celebrated her Birthday, but she did so in Alabama while visiting Phil.

* My Doctor had moved on and it was the last time I got to see him.

* Sophie, one of our cats had a litter of kittens. She waited for Hayley to get back from Alabama before she started giving birth (Literally).

* Kim was in a car wreck.

* Michelle and I found a new trail to walk on that we really liked. It was a part of the backwaters of Cheat. 

July 

* The Rosiak family Fourth of July Party was the way Michelle and I started the month. I have been going a number of years and 2010 was Michelle's third.

* I bought another website, george-hall.com and haven't really done anything with it.

* We traveled to see Michelle's family one weekend. 

August

* Our softball season came to an end in August. Our last game ended with a game ending brawl between the two teams. Sadly, and I just found this out recently, this was the last game for the MiHaley's softball team and quite possibly my swann song from the game. More to come on that in 2011 though.

* Michelle and I went to see Jimmy Buffett for the third year in a row.

* We took a mini vacation to the NFL Hall of Fame and visited Amish Country in Ohio.

* We did have a trip to the Emergency Room. Michelle was complaining of stomach pains.

* We surprised Michelle's grandmother for her Birthday in Ohio. Everyone just kind of showed up.

* We drafted our Fantasy Football league. 

September 

*  I had the honor of having a meeting with the Secretary of Energy Stephen Chu. Great man, I was very impressed.

* We set a Wedding Date and started to compile our guest list.

* Michelle and I attended the Wine and Jazz festival.

* Michelle was rushed my Ambulance to the Emergency Room at Mon General. This turned into a few night stay over the same issues that we were in a month earlier for.

* Michelle and I did a little research on possible wedding venues.



October 

*  Michelle, Chad and I went to see Hayley on the production of Sweeney Todd.

* Moke and Ang tied the knot. Michelle and I were honored to be at the wedding and the reception.

* Hayley attended her Senior Homecoming Dance.

* I attended an ESRI seminar in Pittsburgh.

* Trick or Treating once again at Jean's. We had a large number of tricksters this year, Michelle and Pam spent the night handing out the Halloween Candy. 

November

* Josh Judy, the subject of numerous of my BLOGS. Was called up to the Major's with the Cleveland Indian's. I think I was more excited than he was to find out.

* I got a copy of Microsoft Office Professional edition to use at home. Same deal I had with SAIC, I just now have it with NETL.

* Michelle's Uncle had passed away and we returned to where she is from for the Funeral.

* Hayley ordered herself a Bird. 

December

* We set up our Christmas Tree. We once again decided to go with a live tree.

* Michelle and I hit the 1,000 days since our first date milestone. Must mean she likes me to have kept me that long.

* We had a weekend full of Christmas shopping and spending some valuable Christmas time with Michelle's family back home.

* West Virginia hired a new Football head Coach in waiting who will take over in 2012.

* On our cookie day, we had friends stop by to see us and help us make our 2010 Christmas Cookies.

* I spent much of the Christmas break sick with Bronchiolitis. Michelle also had it and we were both down for the holidays.

* 420 BLOGS later, my 2010 year of BLOGGING has come to a close. 

No comments: