Links

Thursday, March 05, 2015

Photo Flashback Thursday

Guangzheng Hu and Me. 

Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through all my pictures (by last count a little over 31,000 of them) and select just one magical moment to post and write about. One precious lost moment in time that was either captured with my camera or someone else's camera that I stole or scanned. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task and sometimes this is not so easy, it is however always a whole lot of fun.

Today's picture takes me back abour ten years or so, back to a time when I was in college and working at the NRAC at WVU. This is a picture is of my and a friend of mine who was from and now lives in Beijing, Guangzheng Hu or JenJen as we called him. He was here doing his dissertation for his Doctorate and he worked with us at the end of the Hollowfill project that I worked on while I was getting my feet wet in GIS and learning the trade.

JenJen had one goal in life that was quite unique, he coming from China where food choices are much different than in the United States, he wanted to have eaten ever animal on earth before he died. Needless to say that is someones life goal that I never forgot.

When I was working in Frostburg, he would message me on MSN Messenger as he was getting off work in Beijing as I was getting ready to head to work since we have a 12 hour time difference between Morgantown and Beijing.

He invited me to come to the 2008 Beijing Olympics, but that never came to fruition as I have never been to China.

Have a Great Day

Hi ho Hi I Hate Snow

No comments: