Links

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that dreaded thing we all refer to as Monday is now once again behind us and we have a good start to the work week. I still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* It was a mere 18,734 days ago that I was born. I swear the older I get, the quicker those numbers seem to add up.

* 3,957 days ago I fulfilled a dream of mine as I celebrated my College Graduation from West Virginia University.

* It was only 2,558 days ago that Michelle and I went out on our first date together. The movie was horrible, but I told her that was because she had stood me up a couple of months earlier and I was paying her back.

* 1,782 days ago Michelle and I became engaged. I got down on one knee in the back yard and proposed marriage.

* It was 1,319 days ago that we all partied down and celebrated Michelle and my wedding. It was a feast of food to say the very least.

* I have around 6,103 days to go until I retire, give or take a few hundred here or there.

* I have 298 more days of content to write before my Goodbye 2015 Blog post is published.

* If you are waiting on doing you Christmas Shopping, you still have 283 days left to complete it. Plenty of time.

* I only have 259 more days to go until I lie about having another Birthday.

* 180 days to go until we once again set sail on our Cruise. This will be our fourth cruise aboard the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore.

* In 142 more days we will be celebrating our Fourth Wedding Anniversary.

* The second annual family picnic is only 103 days away. I'm looking forward to this growing and being bigger than last years event.

* In 61 more days my niece Brittany will celebrate her graduation from WVU as well.

* There are only 3 days left until SPRINGTIME!!!!!!!!!!

* I have written 3,991 Blog posts for George's Journal in the 10 1/2 years I have been writing this Blog. Talk about living your life on the internet.

* No work done this week to the Family Tree, although we did update Michelle's Grandfathers information on Findagrave. I have some family who I need to get pictures for to update their information as well.

* Nothing to report on the brother search for this past week, I kind of slacked on it a little over the past few days. Time to pick up the pace again.

* No updates on the Jimmy Buffett Tour for 2015. This will be the first time he has missed playing Pittsburgh since 1990. Lot's of Parrot-Heads are saddened by this. Follow this thread for updates.

* The WVU Basketball team plays Buffalo on Friday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

* Don't forget that today is St Patricks Day!!!!! Don't forget to wear your green.

* The West Virginia State Legislature wrapped up their 60 day session over the weekend, her is Hoppy's Commentary recapping it all.

* I'm putting this out early just to see what kind of a response it generates. Christmas Eve 2014 was a very sad one, we lost not one but two people in the family on that dreaded night. Christmas Eve 2015 I think has to be different in some way. It's time to put the hurt of 2014 behind us and start concentrating on 2015 and the future. Just wondering among the family if everyone might be interested in everyone getting together at one location this year (I suggest renting some place) and celebrating rather than mourning the events of the year prior. This could happen, but only if we act quick and decisively and not wait till the last minute. Thoughts?

* I got a text yesterday, we have been asked to defend our KDKA McDonald's Pittsburgh Steelers Trivia Championship. Waiting to hear back from one team mate, but we may be in again. We are the only two time Champions, could we be the only three time Champions and the only team to ever repeat in back to back years?

* Have a great day

* Hi ho hi ho


No comments: