Links

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday's Tidbts

* Well that dreaded Monday is once again behind us, even though I suffered all day from a cold office, but we're now looking ahead towards Tuesday and I still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* Today marks my 18,496th day since I blessed this world with my existence, everyone should feel blessed.

* 3,719 days ago I graduated from WVU with a degree in Geography. Majoring in GIS and had a couple of minors in History and Communications. I've always had a fascination with temporal issues in geospatial data, so that's kind of fitting.

* 2,320 days ago I managed to go out on a date with a very lovely lady. One who would forever change my life for the better.

* 1,544 days ago I wanted to make that time I spent with that lovely lady a little more permanent, so I proposed marriage to her.

* 1,081 days ago in front of our closest friends and family at the Marilla Center, Michelle and I entered into a world of marital bliss.

* I have about 6,341 more days to go, give or take a few hundred here or there, until I retire. That is unless they change the laws before then and make me go to 70 before I can retire.

* I have 162 more days of blogging to do before I do my Goodbye 2014 Blog.

* If you haven't started Christmas Shopping yet, you still have 156 more shopping days to go. Speaking of Christmas 2014, what are everyone's plans this year?

* 47 days to go until Michelle and I once again embark upon the Carnival Pride for our trip to the Caribbean. The last couple of years I pre-wrote blogs for those days before we left on vacation. I will once again do that, but last year I did a Video Blog each day that I will publish on each corresponding day. It'll be one year later, but you will see some of the sites and sounds that we will witness that day based on our 2013 experience.

* WVU will open their 2014 College Football season up against National Title Contender Alabama in 39 more days.

* Michelle and I are only 15 days away from our Third Wedding Anniversary. Still going strong after all of these years...lol

* We are 1 single day away from gathering with all the Pittsburgh area Parrot Heads as we will watch Jimmy Buffett take the stage tomorrow night in Burgettstown. Michelle and myself, Jean and Jerry will not be able to make it this year, Gary and his date, Donnie and Wendy who we partied with last year, Valarie and Bobby and Bobby's cousins will make it up to a 12 person tailgate this year. I'm glad Val and Bobby are going this year, we can welcome a couple more people into the Parrot Head Nation.

* This is my 3,718th blog that I have written for George's Journal since I started writing it. Talk about a nice historical perspective reference of my life. A lot has happened to me in that decade that has passed since I started writing this.

* I have done little to the Family Tree site since I started doing it. I'll get with it here this Fall.

* Steelers Trivia has started on Saturday Nights, we are in week 5 which will air on August 9th. If we win there our semi-final show will be on August 30th and if we are lucky enough to advance from there we will be playing for the Prizes in the Championship Week on September 6th. Ironically I will be in Baltimore looking at Ravens Stadium that week, so everyone will have to tell me how we did =)

* Joshy Boy hurt his ankle  over the weekend. They are not sure if it is a sprain or a hairline fracture. Val has to follow up with the Doctors.

* My weight loss is still jugging along. I'm down 60 lbs since Christmas and 45 since May 29th when I had my first official weigh in. Nope, not doing it with any over the counter commercial BS or killing myself. Just had a lifestyle change and the results have been amazing. I'm within a few pounds of being at the weight I was a few years ago when I was spending all my time on the trails and not too far from being the lowest weight I have been since leaving Helmick Corporation where I used to work between 50-70 hours a week in a Foundry.

* That was one heck of a long tidbit.

* Michelle's old work computer got screwed up. They were still running Windows XP on it, so rather than trying to update an outdated system, she is getting a new work computer and she ordered dual monitors to go with it. I have three computers running three monitors that all tie into duels on all three machines at my desk with one KVM switch. She will love working with duel monitors, it's a must in my opinion.

* Today is my last day of work for a couple of days, taking a couple of days off to enjoy the Concert tomorrow before returning to work on Friday.

* Moke mentioned about doing another Pic Nic this summer. Not as big as this last one, but one say at Marilla Park where we just go grab some tables and everyone bring a covered dish. Any thoughts on that?

* We managed to save a couple hundred dollars last night on our vacation. We stayed at the Holiday Inn at the Inner Harbor last year and loved it. I tried to book the Saturday night before our cruise there in May, but the Hotel was all booked up for that night. I'm an IHG Platinum Rewards member so I called the hotel and booked it that way, only problem was it was going to cost us like $219 for the night including breakfast. Last night I noticed I have a rewards night that is going to expire and I will gain another one the next day on like September 9th. So I told Michelle maybe we should have a couple hundred dollars and use the free night somewhere else so we don't lose it. Guess what, I was able to not only book it, but use a free night at the hotel we love. Cha Ching!! Free night used on the 6th (would have expired on the 8th) and a new free night awarded on the 9th. It was a perfect use it or lose it situation for us.

* Hi ho hi ho and get ready to put those fins up!!!

No comments: