Links

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Saturday Morning Rambling

Here I sit once again in the early AM. I'm the first one to recover from a losing battle with that dreaded Sandman last night and I'm up watching a show called Dating Naked on VH1. Strange show to say the least...lol

Since it is looking like it is going to rain all weekend, we really have no plans made for the day. Maybe start to get ready for our Buffett Concert later this week (My niece Valarie and her husband Bobby have just bought tickets to go this year). The tailgate could consist of anywhere from 6-12 people depending on who Gary finds as a date or how Jean is feeling. It'll be Val's first Parrot Head Experience, so I hope it's a good one for her.

My weight loss is going well still. I've lost 43 pounds since my official weigh in in May and about 60 since Christmas. It's been pretty easy and I'm not starving myself, not buying any subscriptions or pills, not using a personal trainer working my butt off, I'm just using an ap on my phone and and watching my caloric intake. I'm honestly not eating any less or missing any meals, but we have just changed the way we eat as I tell everyone who asks how I am doing it. If people are curious, one cup of Pasta is 221 Calories and one cup of baked Spaghetti Squash in 42. I can have 5 cups of Spaghetti Squash that is equal to one cup of regular Spaghetti. Ground Turkey, which we buy in bulk and spice up to taste exactly like Hot Sausage (I love Hot Sausage) one ounce is 45 Calories. One ounce of Hot Sausage is 120 calories or roughly 3 times the calories of just ground turkey. I can't emphasize how low calorie and tasteful Cucumbers are. Like I said, we just changed how we eat more than anything else and to be honest this has been a pretty simple lifestyle change. One egg 80 calories, four egg whites 68 calories.

So much for my dietary ramble on a Saturday morning. It's going to be a rainy day and a rainy weekend, might be a good weekend to just relax and work around the house.

Have a great day.

No comments: