Links

Monday, July 14, 2014

Back to Work Kind of Day

All good things must unfortunately come to an end, and that includes those fun filled things that we refer to as weekends. It's time to stick our noses back on those grindstones and get back to doing what is is we do.

I did find out some bad news yesterday, my Dad's childhood friend and one of his closest friends passed away late Sunday night. Roger Powell was my Grandparents Mailman for years and was the greatest one at that. He used to stop at our house, grab himself a cup of coffee and walk into the living room to deliver my Grandparents mail to them. He was a great man, a kind man and one that I will never forget. RIP Roger.

When we get home from work tonight, it'll be a quick dinner and then off to Ruby to meet with our dietitian for the third time. In order for my insurance to pay for Gastric Bypass surgery, I need to attend six consecutive dietitian meetings in six months. Missing or skipping a meeting puts you back at 0 and you have to start all over again. So far I'm down 40 pounds since my first meeting in May and 55 since Christmas. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there and have things well in hand.

Major League Baseball has officially entered the All-Star Break, which means that tonight the Home Run Derby before tomorrows All-Star game in Minnesota. Always a highlight of Summer and what all the sports reporters will be talking about.

Can't get to the next weekend until we get Monday over with so...

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: