Links

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Saturday Morning Ramblings

Here I sit once again in a quiet household, I'm the first to recover from that losing battle with the Sandman last night and am up early collecting my thoughts for the day. I've got Iron Man 3 on in the background and I'm just now waking up.

Last year our Coffee Pot got fried in an electrical storm, so Michelle went and bought a Grind and Brew coffee pot that until the past month or so had worked like a charm. For some reason we couldn't prevent it from spilling half the coffee over the counter every morning no matter what measures we took or what we tried. I had had enough of cleaning it up every morning, so we went out last night and bought one like the one that got fried in the electrical storm a last Summer. The Grind and Brew was just a pain in the butt to clean and scrub every day because it left so much residue behind and the coffee filter was basket rather than cone shaped. I re-welcome the best coffee pot we have had back into the house.

Today's plans? Well we are going to start off with a trip to Hovatters Zoo this morning. Michelle has never been there and it is very close, so we're going to start our day with her first visit to the Zoo. She is kind of excited to go as she is a Zoo kind of person.

After the Zoo we're going to head up north to Ohiopyle. We never made it up there once last year, so we decided to grab our small BBQ grill and head up there from the Zoo, since I can just jump on 26 north and get there quite easily. It's a place I have always loved going, but due to last summers horrible weather I never had the chance to make it there. That all changes today. We have a favorite area to picnic and that is probably where we will have lunch.

Since my battle of gout I have gotten no chances to hit the trails, hopefully my foot has recovered enough that I can attempt to hit the trails today at Ohiopyle. I miss my daily walk and am ready to get back to it. I'm still losing weight despite not walking, but walking is a good way to get lost with your music and get some fresh air.

I did get a chance to talk to my lovely niece Amy last night. She found a great deal on a new Camera last night and wanted my opinion on it. She has a DSLR, but for the same reason I did not buy one last fall she doesn't like it. Too big and bulky and there is too much stuff that you have to carry around with it. Multiple lenses and you have to switch them with each shot. She wants a do all camera and this is a good one.

Speaking of Cameras, I'll be taking mine today.

Have a great day.

No comments: