Links

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Easy Like Sunday Morning


Here I sit once again in a quiet household, the sandman has attacked everyone but me and I'm up watching the Green Lantern on HBO and collecting my thoughts. For some reason I turned the AX on last night and I have to say that I'm a little bit chilli this morning writing this.

Lot's of things going on around Morgantown yesterday including a murder at Wal-Mart on the 4H camp road yesterday morning. It was a domestic dispute between the victim and her estranged husbands father and something to do with Child Protective services. It was a motivated killed with a specific target, after the shots were fired the gunman put his gun back in the car and complied with all who subdued him until the authorities arrived. We were at Sam's Club on the other side of town when the shooting took place.

The Mountaineers played their annual spring game yesterday. Cold and rainy weather kept most people including me away this year. I've heard estimates of 10,000 people showing up and read where someone said it was 9,045 people. Both numbers are well below half the attendance of last years game, I think this can easily be attributed to the bad weather. The Old timers game that was scheduled to be played was even canceled due to the weather.

Overall the Defense won this scrimmage. I have no worries about the offense considering the last time they officially hit the field they hung 70 points on a favorite Clemson team in the Orange Bowl. The concern was the defense after the staff left. I like what I saw, the defenders were aggressive, hitting hard and doing something that we haven't done in a number of years and that was swarm tackle. Sometimes it takes more than one guy to bring a player down and they can break the tackle. In the past we had players who wanted to blow a player up and were too worried about making the highlight reel, now it seems like they are more team focused. Don't get me wrong, Jeff Casteel was a great Defensive Coordinator, I just see a different demeanor out there among the players.

Would you believe that the NWS are calling for snow tomorrow morning? Seriously we had the mildest winter I can ever remember, I don't want to see a late April snow fall.

Have a great day.

No comments: