Links

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hump Day

OK, last week seemed to drag along for me, this week seems to have made up for that as we are already at Hump Day. I guess time being a day ahead of when you think it is is better than being a day behind where you wish it was.

Speaking of work, I heard something yesterday that totally amazed me. Typhoon Morakot nailed China and Taiwan over the weekend, the amount of rainfall was simply amazing, over 60" over a two day period. That simply amazes me to hear that. I live in West Virgina, I think the deepest level of snowfall (not rain) that I have ever seen has been 42" of snow. Quite a significant number with snow, now remember that it takes more rain to make up an inch of rain compared to an inch of snow. Now consider that they had twice as much rain as I have ever seen snow. It was just simply amazing for me to hear of numbers like that in that short of a period of time.

OK, now that I have talked a little shop talk, how about we liven up everyone elses Hump day at the office. I have an idea for a little bit of fun, do this at your own risk.

If you need help in livening up the day I have a suggestion. Pick an office mate you would like to prank and leave them a message that a Mr. Bare, a Mr Lyons or be a little daring and have it from L.E. Funt and say they called, it is urgent and they need the victim to return their call at their earliest convenience. Write down the number of the local zoo. Will it work? I would like to hear if anyone falls for it.

Have a great hump day, take a few minutes out and have a little fun to break up what could be a monotonous day.

No comments: