Once a week, I like to take a little bit of time out, time to look at some of the 30,000+ photos that I have stored on my computer. Little lost moments in time that I either captured with a lens, scanned, or just stole from somewhere on the internet. I like to find just one and post it up, recalling or reliving the picture to the best of my ability. Sometimes this is a pretty easy task, and sometimes it's not that easy, but one thing it has always been a lot of fun.
This pic goes back 10 years to 2016 when I went to the Federal Users Conference in Washington DC. I stayed in Arlington, Virginia, and rode the subway over; it dropped me right off at the convention center.
Funny thing about this pic: this was a really nice hotel, and I was looking for it this week on Google earth and couldn't find it. There is a reason for that, and the word is demolition. They knocked it down and are building some kind of conference center in its place. The road in the background leads to Arlington Cemetery, and on the other side of that, the Pentagon.
Have yourselves a great day.
Hi ho hi ho

No comments:
Post a Comment