Links

Thursday, January 26, 2017

Photo Flashback Thursday



Once a week I like to take a little bit of time out and look through some of the pictures that I have either taken, scanned or stolen off of the internet through the years and find one special picture that stands out. Little lost moments in time from yesterday caught with a Cameras lens and relived right here in my blog. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find that one special picture and sometimes it's not that easy, one thing it consistently is however is a whole lot of fun.

This weeks pic goes back quite a few years, so many in fact that I honestly can not place an accurate time frame on it. It is a picture of my Dad, and as you might have guessed he was a coal miner and worked in the coal mines for about 25-30 years or so up until the time of his passing. I can remember him starting in the mines, I know where we lived but I can't place anymore of a time frame on it than that. I do remember I was living with my Grandparents I think beside the church, so we are talking the 1969-192 time frame from when he started there up until his passing in 1999.

This is a picture of my Dad eating his lunch, being he had a round dinner bucket I'm thinking this is probably from some time in the 1970's. He does look kind of young there and that dinner bucket was the one he used during that time period. He used it for a while until he started using the igloo lunch box.

Have yourselves a great day today, I'm back out in the field this evening.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: