Links

Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Tuesday's Tidbits

* Well that dreaded thing called Monday is now behind us and we are staring straight down the barrel of a Tuesday, still can't think of a better reason to do a tidbits.

* There have been 19,091 days since my birth, using my 909 calendar that makes me about 21 years old by my calculations.

* There have been 4,314 days since I graduated from West Virginia University, a lifelong dream of mine that I did complete after a late start in life.

* It was 2,915 days ago, or 8 years ago from next Tuesday, that Michelle and I had our very first date. 10,000 BC and Pizza Hut.

* It was 2,139 days ago that Michelle and I became engaged. The second best decision that I have ever made in my life.

* 1,676 days ago in front of our closest friends and family Michelle and I got hitched then we all feasted. THIS is the best decision that I have ever made in my life.

* I have around 5,746 days or so to go until retirement, give or take a few hundred here or there.

* There are 2,385 days until the Backyard Brawl of WVU vs Pitt in football is renewed, we're kicking some Panther ass too.

* Phil takes center stage once again in 331 more days when we once again celebrate Ground Hogs Day. I need to send him a bottle of wine or something so that he doesn't think I don't appreciate this years nice weather.

* I have 298 more days of content to write this year before my Goodbye 2016 blog will be posted.

* There are still 292 shopping days left to go until Christmas, if you haven't started you still have plenty of time. WalMart hasn't put their Christmas stuff out for display just yet.

* I have 268 more days to go until the next anniversary of my 21st Birthday

* The Springs Festival is where Michelle and I will be in 214 days from now.

* We will set sail on our 2016 cruise in just another 187 more days. We will once again be leaving out of Baltimore.

* The Parrot Heads will all be reuniting in Pittsburgh in 168  more days as we will all party in preparation of seeing Jimmy Buffett once again in concert.

* There are only 151 more days to go until mine and Michelle's Fifth Wedding Anniversary.

* There are only 117 more days to go until the Third Annual Friends and Family Picnic at Krepps Park. I'm very happy that we can once again make this event happen again, hopefully we will be blessed with better weather than last summer.

* There are only 12 more days to go until my favorite season of the year, Spring begins.

* I have written 4,390 blogs since I started writing George's Journal clear back in September of 2004.

* Nothing new on the Hall Family Tree this week, still 334 members in the database and with nice weather coming up it looks like I am done with this until the fall.

* Still a dead end on the brother search, nothing new to report. Something tells me that this is going to be a standing status unless some miracle happens.

* Wishes to my brother in law George as he recovers from gall bladder surgery yesterday. Hoping he has a speedy recovery.

* I really need to start writing blogs for when I travel next week. I'll be in the classroom or the lab all day long and won't have time to write anything.

* Just a clarification for everyone, I am NOT leaving my current position at the Department of Energy, this new job will be a supplemental income as I prepare to get my own business off the ground and running. I am still a GIS Analyst for Sextant and have no plans of leaving there unless something happens with the next site support contract and we are not teamed with the winning team. Then I would just most likely just switch companies. 

* As I just typed that I got a call from a head hunter about a job in Canonsburg, talk about irony. For the record, I get a lot of contact from Head Hunters about jobs in my field. This month alone that was my 9th contact from a Head Hunter about some geospatial job, I just thought it was funny that I was typing the above point as I got the call.

* This season of House of Cards is phenomenal, very captivating to say the very least.

* Have yourselves a great day and make the most of it.

* Hi ho hi ho


No comments: