Links

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Happy 4th of July

Here I sit on a not so early Saturday the 4th of July morning, I've finally woke up and I'm here collecting my thoughts for the day.

First off yesterday was a pretty eventful day for us, two of my sisters and I surprised Mom and Gerald with a new TV yesterday after the TV they were watching really went on the fritz and they had to pull an older one out of storage. (See video below. Thank you to Kim and Terri for the inspiration and assistance and to my niece Brittany and my lovely wife Michelle to whom all helped make this happen.

Last night we stayed up way past our bedtime and went to the theater to see the movie Ted 2. We loved the original and had to see this the sequel after we heard it was hilarious. For you over the age of 50, Regal Cinemas gives a huge ticket discount for AARP members. It's actually cheaper to go during prime time with the discount that to the matinee without it.

Today's plan to celebrate our nations 239th Birthday will be to head on over to the Rosiak 4th of July party once again. This will be my 18th consecutive year that I have attended this party and this is the one day of the year I bring out the giant super soaker (I've had it for 18 years now) for the epic water battle that we have every year.

Michelle had baked a three layer Red, White and Blue Cake for today. I'm kind of anticipating digging my teeth into it. Should be a great day for us.

I did talk to my sister Pam yesterday, she is trying to get a feel for what everyone is going to do for Fireworks this evening. Michelle and I have not went to see fireworks for a few years as we are early to bed types, but you never know what is going to happen if the weather permits.

Have yourself a great, Happy and safe 4th of July.



No comments: