Links

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday



It's once again that time when I look back through all of my old pictures and pick just one out of my past to talk about. This has become one of my most favorite BLOG of the week to write because I get to walk down memory lane.

This week's picture was taken probably about 1973-4. When I was a kid I would go to the Morgantown Speedway out at Cheat Lake. It was a time when everyone in town would spend Saturday Night at the Speedway, because that was the place to be and the place to go. It was a 1/4 mile dirt track and a load of fun.

Like every other race car fan, I had my favorite driver, and my favorite race car driver in the 70's was Morgantown's own Mike Cole. Mike ran the semi-late division and was in my opinion the best driver at the track. (Note the stylish Evil Knievel T-Shirt and the stylish pants I was wearing).

The speedway is now gone, but it will always be embedded into my memories as a fond time of my childhood.

Hi ho hi ho

No comments: