Links

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Photo Flashback Thursday


It is once again Photo Flashback Thursday, the one Blog during the week when I take a little bit of time out to reflect on my tens of thousands of pictures and talk about one.

This one I will call my last walk. In 2001 I started working at the Natural Resources Analysis Center (NRAC) at WVU. I worked an internship there through college and continued to work there for a period of time after graduation while I was seeking that permanent employment somewhere else.

I would typically park at the Coliseum and walk up past the engineering PRT station to the other side of the Evansdale Library and to the NRAC. I did it my final four years of college and for a year after college. Every day IO would make this walk. The picture you see if from my "Last Walk". This was the last time I made this walk before I started working in Frostburg, Maryland the following Monday.

As I took this walk, I reflected on all my time at WVU and at the NRAC. The friends I had made, the classes I had taken, and the all the times both good and bad that I had at my Alma Mater. It was the end of a transitional period in my life. One that saw me go from steel mills, to the classroom to being a GIS professional. It took me a little longer to get to work that day, there was a good bit of reflection that needed done.

I don't think I will ever forget that walk, because it was my final walk and completion of my transition. It was a very good day.

No comments: