Links

Thursday, May 06, 2010

SKYWARN®

As a professional geographer/GIS Analyst you are always looking to expand your capabilities and be able to add something new to a Resume that may help you out down the road.

A few weeks ago while watching the news, I saw a call for people to be weather spotters. It was from an outfit called SKYWARN® which is a group of trained severe weather spotters that report directly to the National Weather Service. I was thinking to myself it could be something to add to my resume and it looks like it might even be a lot of fun.

So this evening I will be going and taking the basic SKYWARN® class that is a prerequisite to be able to take the advanced class later down the road and certifications are good for a period of five years. I'm really interested in seeing what this is all about.

No comments: