Links

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Watch Out Morgantown

Take fair warning city of Morgantown, Hayley passed her written drivers test on her first try and has been issued a learners permit. I told her about my story of me passing me written test when I took it. Back in 1979 you got 25 questions, you had to get 80% (miss 5) to pass it. I missed eight on my first attempt, seven on my second attempt, eight on my third attempt, eight on my fourth attempt, eight on my fifth attempt (only four versions of the test) and five on my sixth, yes sixth attempt to pass it which I finally did. Funny thing is I passed my skills test the first time, passed all my CDL tests the first time including Hazardous Material test (I was licensed to drive gas tankers)and had trouble with the written portion for my learners permit for my drivers license.

Anyways, Hayley drove a little bit yesterday. I got off work and both her and Michelle were there to pick me up and all I heard her say was "I Drive?", how could I say no.

I think she was a little nervous at first, but she did fine. I don't even want to talk about dad teaching me how to drive on a ice and snow covered Bakers Ridge Road nearly 30 years ago.

She did great and I was very proud of her, of course Michelle who was riding in the back seat jumped out of the car when we got home and had to puke because her nerves were shot, so I think maybe I'll do most of the teaching...LOL

No comments: