Links

Wednesday, September 02, 2009

I was hacked

My website came under a vicious malware attack yesterday. Somehow they added a simple line of code to my index file a simple line of code that sent people from my site to some computer set up in Russia on a home computer and was picked up by Google. Google actually flagged my site as to having spyware and it was hard to go there unless you completely removed your internet security.

No fears though, me, Godaddy.com and a couple hours on the phone pinpointed the problem and completely wiped and restored my website out removing any other infected files. I saw the code, but was worried it may have infected other pages so I just wiped it out and put a safe archive version of it back up. It should be OK by the time anyone is reading this.

This has caused me a headache, now Google thinks my site is an infected site. They'll check it again, I submitted the site for review again and everything should be back to normal by the time this blog posts.

That was my evening yesterday, hope everyone else had a better one.

No comments: