Links

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back from Martinsburg

Had a great time at the ESRI users Conference yesterday, two of the five presentations were using base value added data that yours truly was the editor for. I was the one that prepared the final deliverable product to the client. The presentations were based on what the clients did AFTER we (Infotech) shipped them the product.

Overall it was a great time, the Hotel I stayed at was nice and I actually went swimming the night I stayed there. Woke up and ate some breakfast and then on to the conference.

It was actually quite educational even beyond the data that I did, ESRI did a real nice presentation on the new release of the software and what it is capable of doing. Also showed me a few things I may want to hone up my skills on and develop for personal marketability.

Some some very nice user friendly java based mapping scripts. I'll probably be implementing one or two on my website to try them out. Very user friendly and wide array of data sources to choose from.

I returned home yesterday evening and Michelle and I BBQ'd some pork chops and fish (I know what a combination). Have a great hump day.

No comments: